Budget Bikepacking Saddle Bags
A saddle bag is going to be one key piece of gear for your bikepacking adventures and a budget bikepacking saddle bags can save you some money to later spend on the trails. A saddle bag is the ideal place to store lighter items such as your, sleeping bag, tent, and clothes.
Using a seat pack vs panniers enables you to ride single track without having to worry about the panniers getting caught on anything when hitting those narrower sections. Here are a few things to consider when looking at budget bikepacking saddle bags.
What to consider:
- Water resistance: You definitely want to keep your sleep system and cloths dry so you’ll want to invest in one that’s fully waterproof. I also recommend double bagging your gear if you expect lots of rain.
- Volume: Seat packs come in several sizes, from 1 liter up to as much as 17.
- Construction: The early versions of saddle bags had been known to sway quite a bit while riding so be sure get one that can be secured well and is reinforced. Tip: put the heavier items in the bottom of the bag to help lower the center of gravity, this will help reduce the dreaded “saddle bag wag.”
- Quality: As with most everything, you get what you pay for. The options listed here are great for beginners and those who are budget oriented, but if you want top quality consider bags from Porcelain Rocket, Revelate Designs, and others.
This is a lightweight bag made from two layers of thick nylon that is also super easy to clean. In fact, mud and debris simply wash off quickly, leaving nothing behind. It is compatible with most types of bikes and even has reflective tape on it to make nighttime riding a lot safer. This saddle bag also has velcro and snaps for a perfect fit every time, enabling you to concentrate on other things.
Perfect for storing a variety of items, this bikepacking bag is sturdy and just the right size at 25” long and 9” high. It fits securely on the back of your bike to make trips of all lengths more convenient for you. It is water-resistant and, therefore, able to keep your belongings dry in most weather conditions, and it is so lightweight that it will never weigh your bike down as you’re riding.
This 100% polyester bag is made super strong so you’re gonna keep it around for a long time. The hook-and-loop strap means you can install it quickly and easily every time and is affordable for everyone. The bag is also foldable, so it’s easily stored, and it is water-resistant to boot. It is even adjustable in size to be the perfect size regardless of what you’ve decided to use it for, and it’s easy to clean as well.
The RONSHIN sports saddle bag is easy to install and so lightweight that it will never interfere with your ride. There is some reflective material on there to make nighttime riding a lot safer, as well as wear-resistant material that allows it to stand up to a lot of abuse. This saddle bag is a basic black color so it will look great on your bike regardless of what color it is. It’s a great choice for the money.
The Moosetreks saddle bag is well worth what you pay for it because it is both strong and long-lasting. Whether you’re going across town or on a cross-country trip, this is the bag you need if you’re expecting reliability. It installs without any tools and is so lightweight it will never interfere with the weight of your bike, which means you can ride for long periods of time without getting tired or sore.
This saddle bag is 100% waterproof and will accommodate you regardless of the weather. The roll-top closure design means you can adjust the size of the bag to meet your needs, and you can even clean mud and dirt off of it with just a wipe of a damp towel. It is also suitable for all types of bikes, including electric, standard, mountain, and gravel to name a few.
The Topeak saddle bag offers a fifteen-liter capacity so it’s able to hold a lot of your gear. It has a sleek design that is made to fit most types of bikes, and it is super easy to install as well. Best of all, the lightweight design means you can ride anywhere and still be comfortable. With a slender design that holds a lot more than it looks capable of holding, this is a high-quality saddle bag you’ll soon learn you can’t do without.
With a lightweight design and a sleek size, this saddle bag fits onto most types of bikes so it can accommodate you regardless of what style bike you ride. It can also be adjusted to hold from 3 to 10 liters worth of gear, making it a versatile bag. There is even some reflective tape to make nighttime riding a lot safer.
The nylon strap that attaches the bag is nice and sturdy, and the plastic buckle means stronger and gives you more of an effective pull, not to mention increased capacity. The bag is anti-skid and anti-friction, so it’s designed to reduce the dreaded saddle bag wag. It also fits most types of bikes, from mountain bikes to road bikes and everything in between. Easy to install and remove, the bag is stable and reliable regardless of how much you stuff inside of it.
The Sahoo saddle bag has a velcro strap and two buckles to provide a completely secure fit. The reflective material makes it much easier to see when it’s dark outside and has a rather large capacity rating. Double layers of TPU make this a very waterproof bag as well, which means you can count on your gear staying dry.
- Best Budget Bikepacking Tents
- The Best Bikepacking Tent Under $100
- Best Bikepacking Bikes Under $1000 – Dropbar Edition
- Cheapest Bikepacking Bags – Bikepacking on a Budget
- How to Clean Your Bikepacking Bags
- Bikepacking Panniers
- Best Bikepacking Handlebar Harness
- Best Budget Friendly Bikepacking Frame Bags
- Best Trailers for Bike Touring and Bikepacking
- Best Bikepacking Stoves
- How to Pack for Bikepacking | A guide to all you need to know
- Ortlieb Bikepacking Bags Review | The Absolute BEST Bikepacking Bags?